It’s still early in the week, so keep your healthy eating mentality going with this scrumptious cauliflower recipe courtesy of The Skinnytaste Cookbook. This recipe is perfect for anybody looking for another cruciferous vegetable to incorporate into their diet that isn’t simply broccoli. While cauliflower has a less delicate flavor than the greener broccoli, this recipe calls for our favorite superfood spice, turmeric, to give it a richer flavor—as well as a delightful bright yellow color. Easy, simple, and a quick go-to for your Wednesday night dinner.
Skinnytaste’s Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total: 35 minutes
- 6 heaping cups of cauliflower florets (between 1-½ pound cauliflower); cut into 1-inch florets
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Preheat your oven to 450°F. Cut cauliflower florets into 1-inch pieces and combine them with the garlic in a large bowl. Drizzle the contents with olive oil and toss to coat.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the cumin, pepper flakes, turmeric, and salt. Sprinkle over the cauliflower and toss to coat.
- Spread cauliflower on a large rimmed baking sheet
- Bake until browned on the edges and tender, while stirring occasionally, about 23-27 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with cilantro. Serve roasted cauliflower hot. Pairs well with any chicken dish.
Recipe adapted from/photo courtesy of Reluctant Entertainer.